Tuesday, June 14, 2016

B.2 - Boys, Boys and . . . ?

Oh snap! What's this?! An UPDATE?!

Your eyes do not deceive you, dear readers. It is, indeed, a Disney update. I apologize for the super long hiatus. I just got involved in other games, and real life intrudes as it always does. I honestly hadn't touched Sims at all since before the Romantic Garden Stuff pack came out, let alone Get Together. I bought both of them on release tho, because . . . reasons. 

And now, finally, I get to try them out! Let's jump right into things and reintroduce you to these sims that you've probably completely forgotten about.

First we have the firstborns of the C-generation, Charming (left) and Cheshire (right) Disney. Charming has the Good trait and the Whiz Kid child aspiration. Cheshire has the Mean trait and the Social Butterfly child aspiration. These two little scamps have carried on the now 3-times-and-counting tradition of having twins in the first birth of the generation. And they're also, much to my lament, the fifth and sixth male child in a row to this family.

Girls are scarce up in this house, yo.



This adorable chap here is our A-gen heir and father of our current B-gen heir, Archimedes Disney. A Cheerful, Creative Loner who successfully completed his Bodybuilder lifetime aspiration. He's now become a candidate for the Most Interesting Sim in the World; being very close to topping his Athletic/Professional Athlete career and having maxed Athletic, Cooking and Handiness skills. He's also well on his way to maxing Wellness and Charisma too.

ARCHIE - All in a day's work.

Indeed. Also, you'll notice the happy ghost in the background. That's our founder, Archie's father, Walt Disney. :) HAI WALT!



This lovely lady reading to Charming for his aspiration is Ariel Disney, our current heir's redheaded wife. Ariel is a Creative, Mean Perfectionist with hopes of one day becoming a Joke Star. 

ARIEL - Okay Char, why did the chicken cross the road?

CHARMING - Mom . . . I somehow doubt that's one of the questions that are going to be on my math test . . . .



Of course we can't forget ever-loyal Maximus! This little wooden delight has been with us from the beginning, and hopefully he'll be with us til the end.

That is if Walt doesn't break him from haunting the poor guy almost every night.

MAXIMUS - There's something about this right here that doesn't seem kosher . . . .


A big family breakfast! . . . of mac n cheese. The breakfast of champions, folks.

The statuesque lady in the back is Nora Disney, wife of Archie and mother of our current heir. Nora's a Good, Materialistic Bookworm with the Successful Lineage aspiration and a job in the Business/Investor career.

And finally, last but never least, our current heir is seated at the table on the right. Mr. Baloo Disney. Baloo is a Creative, Squeamish Loner who has the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration and a career in the Artist/Patron of the Arts. He's cruising right along in said career too, since he's already long-since maxed the Painting skill.

Okay then, we should be all caught up! Now on with the show!



As mentioned above, Archie is working on the Wellness skill, mostly for funsies. He's just unlocked the ability to teleport and that NEVER gets old.

ARCHIE - *glowing majestically*



Archie also spends time fixing/upgrading the random appliance/piece of electronics. 

Meanwhile, the two Mean sims in the house autonomously hug one another and make liars out of their traits.



Nora comes home in this unfortunately orange power-suit, indicating a promotion to Hedge Fund Manager! . . . she'd probably show more enthusiasm if she wasn't so Tense.

NORA - I need a bubble bath and a glass of wine, STAT.


Turns out a few minutes of TV with the grandson did the trick just as well.



Wow, Archie . . . its a good thing you already had your kids, eh? O_o A pose like that might render certain critical parts non-functional . . . .



Turns out he might not be able to pull off such stunts in the future. It's already time for Archie's elder birthday!

ARCHIE - I don't know about this 'getting old' business . . .

Aw, don't worry. You have the spiffy Long Lived bonus trait. I'm sure you'll be with us for a good long while.



Not half bad at all, buddy!

ARCHIE - Thanks!



The C-twins have a nice, wholesome homework party while their super-preggers mom naps in the background.



And that afternoon we had a visitor! Introducing Bagheera (Baloo's twin brother) and Elsa's daughter Arianna!

ARI - Man, why d'you guys get to live in this super cool house, and I have to live with dumb uncle Arthur?

CHAR - The readers liked my dad more. Womp womp.

ARI - Lame. At least MY dad can make a girl child.

Quite literally too, since Bags is the one that birthed you. But still, low blow Ari. Low blow.



We might finally get ourselves a little girl in THIS house, as Ariel goes into labor soon after.

And I am ever amused at how Baloo is staring off in another direction, as if trying to pretend its not happening right behind him. 

BALOO - If I can't see her, she can't see me, right?

ARIEL - I will END YOU!

BALOO - Eep! 



Outside, Nora continues to coach Charming on building his Logic skill.



ARIEL - Excuse me?! Giving BIRTH here!

Well get on with it!

ARIEL - Rude.



. . . . no, THAT'S rude. Another boy? >_<; BAH!

The seventh-born male child, third-born this generation. Introducing Chip Disney. 



Chip is named for this little cutie from Beauty and the Beast, Chip Potts.

 

Suddenly, SCENE CHANGE!!

That's right, this is where I bought/installed Get Together and if any of my families need to live in the idyllic fairytale-esque Windenburg, it's the Disneys.



Not long after, I had my first experience with the new-ish 'Welcome Wagon' feature.



NORA - I appreciate the thought, but could you not shove the fruit cake DIRECTLY into my rib-cage?

OTHER LADY - How else would you present fruit cake?

Uh . . . literally ANY other way? 



That evening, Baloo and Ariel started to get up close and personal.



I want at least ONE girl this generation, GDI. So get to schmoozing!



Schmooze in progress . . . .



Schmooze successful! 

It was only at this point that I realized, with the new baby, there would be EIGHT SIMS in this household. Archie might be an elder but he's got the Long Lived trait, and Nora's got several days left in her adult stage before she even ages up into an elder.

FML.



ARIEL - Guess what!

BALOO - Wow, you did NOT look like that when you left 5 minutes ago.

That was indeed quite the dramatic baby-bump transition.



What's this? Oh, just Walt being an absolute bawse, movin and groovin in the afterlife.



Hey now, watch it missy. That's my beloved founder you're mouthing off to.


ARIEL - There's a fetus using my bladder as a kickball right now, I reserve the right to be bitchy!

. . . touche. Carry on. Walt's tough, he can take it.

WALT - Heeeey. :<



Looks like Arianna's here for another visit. Cheshire gives her the classic back-turned-wave of greeting. Ah, sims.



He's cultivating her for one of his aspiration-required friendships. The fact that she's family is just bonus.

ARI - Uh, grampa? . . . What're you doing exactly?

ARCHIE - Throwing my back out, apparently! Ah, Plumbob!

CHESHIRE - Medic! 



And Charming? What, you expected him to be doing something else? Lawl. These sims are slaves to their aspirations!


Just kidding. :P I let the little cutie join in the fun a little later.

CHESHIRE - Oh hey, look who decided to stop being a nerd and join us!

CHARMING - Eat me, Chesh.

ARIANNA - Aaah, I feel the love.



A little later Charming was back at the chess table, but this time to school his dad a bit. Nora finally maxed her own Logic skill, so now she can fulfill her aspiration's requirement to Mentor one of her children.

CHARMING - Check-mate. Wow dad, are you even trying?

NORA - Apparently not.

BALOO - I'm an ARTIST dangit, this isn't my forte! 


I tell you who IS trying, and succeeding, and that's Archimedes! This dapper old gentleman just hit the top of the athletic career! Go Archie!



Trophy proof! Viewing it gives sims an Energized moodlet.



Ariel also managed to get herself a promotion to C-Lister too. Yay! Little 'rug' thingy on the ground behind her for proof.



Suddenly in the nursery . . . a wild redhead appears!



One make-over later . . . okay Chip, I forgive you for being a boy. You're precious.

CHIP - I try. :> 

Chip here has the Loner trait like his dad, and the Artistic Prodigy aspiration like he did as well. He inherited most of his colorings from his mom, like elder brother Charming.



First solid food meal was a tasty stack of pancakes with mom and grandpa. And it totally wasn't creepy at all, eating with the both of them staring at him the entire time.

CHIP - Yeah, not at ALL . . . 



He soon retreated off to the creative-corner of the house to get started on his skill, right along-side dad. Father-son bonding ftw!



Mom sneaks in from time to time to practice her comedy routines as well.

ARIEL - Don't worry folks, you'll never be as lazy as the person who named the 'fireplace.'

BALOO - *snicker* Nailed it.



It's the weekend, so Cheshire has invited Arianna and another school-mate, Lucas, to play on the pirate ship and socialize.



Meanwhile, in their bedroom Charming is apparently trying to kill them all.

CHARMING - Wow . . . I did not expect THAT to happen.

ZOMG CHILD GET AWAY FROM THE FLAMES OF DEATH! I swear I've had more fires from this damned 'kid's toy' than I have a stove. This is ridiculous!



Then the kids all ran in from outside to be CLOSER to the burning rage of hellfire. Seriously?!

Thankfully grandpa Archie was on the scene, not hesitating in the slightest and immediately extinguishing the fire.



LUCAS - Wow, Mr. Disney. That was scary, huh?

ARCHIE - Very! I'm glad everyone is safe! The only casualty was the experiment table.



And outside . . .

NORA - Oh, my goodness. That was far too much excitement for my tastes. No more experiments, Charming.

CHARMING - But, my aspiration--.

NORA - NONE! 


ARIANNA - Hehehehe . . . they'll all burn . . . .

What?!

ARIANNA - Hm? Oh, nothing . . . .

. . . I'm on to you, missy. 



After that eventful afternoon, Baloo and the boys randomly decided to eat their dinner outside on the pool deck.

CHESHIRE - Great job trying to kill us all, Char.

CHARMING - Shut it, Chesh.

BALOO - Boys, behave. 

CHARMING - How come grandpa had to put out the fire dad?

CHESHIRE - Yeah, where were you?

BALOO - Uh . . . I was there, most definitely not screaming like a little girl and hopping from one foot to another uselessly . . . . I'm an artist, leave me alone! *sniffle*  



I d'awwed when Arianna gave Cheshire a hug before leaving for the night. Family luuuurve! Still need to get them to BFF status for his aspiration, but he's got time yet.



ARIEL - Well hello! Who are you exactly?

MOLLY - I'm Walt's wife Molly, Baloo's grandmother. Also the only woman who managed to wear any clothes in this house, apparently.

Buuuuurn, lols



Shameless excuse to show off Chips adorabubbles PJs. SO CUTE!

CHIP - Heheh, ty! :>



Early morning, Nora helps out little Chip with his first homework assignment before his first day of school.

MOLLY - Excellent sandwich! They just don't serve food this good in the Underworld. It's half the reason Walt and I haunt so often! 

It's true, too. I have to keep multiple types of meals in the fridge because these two love to nick at least one or two meals a night. :P



Wut? I thought they fixed this glitch?

BALOO - Somewhere, someone hates me. ;_;

He went to work fine, but came home like this when he earned his next promotion. Weird. 



That night . . . baby! C'moooooon girl genes!

ARIEL - I don't care what it is, at this point, I just want it OUT!



Unsurprisingly, Baloo took off running in the opposite direction. Way to be supportive, dood.

BALOO - I need to paint some before work today! Don't hate me!

I'M not the one you need to worry about, sir. 



Okay now, moment of truth!



. . . . . .


CHIP - Wow. 

ARIEL - I . . . I just can't.

Seriously, wth is up with this save file?!?!? Arianna is the ONLY female child in any of the neighborhoods. >_<

So introducing Clayton Disney, the EIGHTH boy child in a row.



Clayton is named for this 'awesome' character from Tarzan. Let's hope his namesake doesn't influence his traits or personality. One of my least-favorite villains of all time lol.



WALT - I don't care what the Watcher says, little Clayton. I'm glad you're here, welcome to the Disney legacy. I know you'll do me proud.

. . . wow . . . way to make me feel like an asshole, Walt. >_<




Welp, that's where we'll leave you! Tune in next time to see how this generation's group of boys grow and frustrate me to no end! Till then, happy simming!


2 comments:

  1. I think it's time you get Baloo pregnant and see if he gets as lucky as his twin brother. ^_~

    Took me a minute of thinking to get the fireplace joke, but once it did... man, that hit me harder than it really should. *still snerking*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this series!! I hope you update soon. Is the only boys thing a glitch? That is so weird. I love them so though.

    ReplyDelete