Saturday, November 28, 2015

B.1 - Beautiful Beginnings

Hello all, and welcome back to another installment of Wishing Upon a Star, a Disney-themed TS4 Alphabetacy!

We last left off with the heir poll for Gen B, in which Baloo was chosen! So starting us off today on the right foot is Bagheera blowing out the candles on his YA birthday cake!

BAGHEERA - Itshouldhavebeenmeeeeeee!

Blowing out candles requires no words, sweetie. Just air.

BAGHEERA - D:



Baloo was inordinately pissed off at dad for his seussian horn, too.

BALOO - Seriously dad. GTFO with that thing.

ARCHIE - *tooooooot!* *no f*cks given*



Then Archimedes felt the need to serenade Baloo into the next life stage. 

BAGHEERA - Hey, no fair! Dad, why didn't you sing to ME?

Baggie sweetie, please don't turn into this generation's Arthur. Just don't.

BAGHEERA - Harsh.



The boys of course looked exactly the same, though gaining their final traits of Bookworm and Squeamish respectively.

The next big step was to put a much-needed addition onto the house!



The new deck area!



And the new addition, which essentially replaced the old deck area and then some. We've got a work-out area to the left, a bathroom in the middle, what will become Baloo and Ariel's bedroom to the right and a painting room in the back.



An arial view. I'm quite proud of the bathroom in the middle.



And the twins' old bedroom got converted into the nursery for new babies!! Cause, let's be honest, that's the main reason why we all read these things. :D



Archimedes makes sure the new yoga mats are functional. Spoiler Alert : they were.



Meanwhile Baloo got started on his brother's portrait. They were mainly wiling away the hours until school let out.



So they could invite Ariel and Elsa over and introduce them to their birthday cake. ^_~



Introducing YA Ariel Princess! Now a part of the household, her traits are as follows :

Ariel is a Creative Perfectionist who's also Mean, with aspirations of one day becoming a Joke Star.



And introducing YA Elsa Princess! She's also (temporarily) joined the household, but I forgot to write down her traits or aspirations.

ELSA - I see how much I matter. *wibble*

Oh don't start. The reason you're upset is you keep sneaking off to mourn people you never met and keep getting Sad moodlets from it.



Bagheera is 'forced' to distract Elsa with other things. He really fell on that grenade, lemme tell yah.



Meanwhile Ariel heads off to try out some jokes on Baloo while he continues to paint portraits. She gets more than a few giggles for her trouble.



Out in the living-room, Bagheera decided to one-up his twin and pop the question before his brother had a chance to. Elsa was all too happy to say yes.



ARIEL - So . . . let me get this straight. You're the heir to this legacy, but your twin just got engaged first?

BALOO - I'm sorry babe, I was trying to finish his portrait.

ARIEL - And lemme guess, they're on their way outside to do something 'else' first too. 

BAGHEERA - Don't hate!



ELSA - C'mon Bagheera!

BAGHEERA - I'm pretty sure my parents have woohoo'd in here . . .

ELSA - Better in here than on that bed back there, which is where we have to sleep tonight. Outside. In the dirt. Because we're SPARES. Now hurry up before I loose the mood.

BAGHEERA - Yes ma'am.



ELSA - They were just *sniffle* taken too soon!

*siiiiiiiiigh*

No, they both lived to ripe old ages, now stahp that and go to bed!



Baloo finally got a chance to ask HIS girl to marry him, and Ariel said yes. Of course.



And she kept right on sayin' yes. All night long. RAWR.



D'aww lookit, both of 'em all tuckered out . . .


ARIEL - Um . . . who's in my bed--

WALT - Oh dear, so sorry.

WHAT THE FRACK?!?!?!

Lawl, no incest was goin' on in here, I swear. It was Baloo and Ariel doin' the woohooz. But then she got up to shower and ghost-Walt snuck in. I lol'd hardcore.


Baloo got up when Walt started haunting the lamp.

BALOO - Seriously Grandpa. You're hilarious, but I really need to sleep. Big day tomorrow and all . . .



ELSA - Hello! It's so nice to meet you Mr. Disney!

WALT - Oh, are you the strange girl that keeps crying all over my gravestone?



Nothing like a big pre-wedding breakfast with your dearly-departed grandfather. Only in the sims.



Yep, you read that right. It's WEDDING time! And not just a regular wedding, a DOUBLE Wedding! I figured the twins were so close, it was well within reason that they'd share this big day too.



Being the heir though, Baloo gets to go first (for once).



The rest of the fam gathers around for the ceremony. Anna couldn't come, she had work apparently. Arthur's here, but he's dinking around on the computer inside rather than attending his nephews' nuptials.

No matter, we ain't got time for him. Wedding Montage is a goooooo!



Then it was Bagheera and Elsa's turn!



Oh look who decided to FINALLY show up. In . . . everyday wear. Seriously, Arthur? You were invited to a WEDDING, formalwear is kind of a no-brainer.



ARTHUR - Tadaaaah!

ARCHIMEDES - What, you want a medal for doing what you're supposed to? Now gtfo so I can watch my son get married.

ARTHUR - Ouch . . .



Despite weird uncle interruptions, Elsa and Bagheera were properly hitched.



The hired caterer did dick-all for the entire gathering, surprising absolutely no one.



Luckily we had left-overs in the fridge and the mixologist was on fire, so the after-party went great.



Then we had some AFTER-after party . . . .

I was actually trying to get Elsa preggers so we'd have more than just Baloo/Ariel babies running around. Her pee test came back negative, but after this it wouldn't let me try again. Said the house was too full. 

I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on, at least not at the time.



ARIEL - Baloo, it's saying the house is too full to try for babies, so you know what you gotta do.

BALOO - Send Bambi into foster care?

ARIEL - NO! It's time for Elsa and Bagheera to move out!

BALOO - Right, sorry dear.

And so, Elsa and Baggie moved out with their aunt and uncle.



So we were now back on track as far as nooboo-makin' was concerned.


This just in, Nora and Bambi are still around. She's been busy skilling for her job and he's just been . . . around . . .

BAMBI - Gee thanks.

Daww, I still wuvs you Bambi-kinz. You know you were my favorite to win the heir vote, but it was not to be.



And now we got new babies on the way!! Toilet-confetti says so.



ARIEL - Guess what sweetie! 

BALOO - Either you're pregnant, or that's one hell of a tumor.

ARIEL - . . . .

BALOO - Right, leaving all future jokes to you.

ARIEL - That's probably safest.



Rather than killing her husband and ending this legacy embarrassingly early, Ariel went off and began practicing her comedy routines on the computer.



MOLLY - Oh mah back!

Just a thought, but maybe elderly ghosts shouldn't spend the afterlife running on the treadmill?

MOLLY - Nonsense!

Alrighty then.



So I've got this glitch now. A lot of my sims go to their jobs in really effed up outfits. Poor Baloo has fallen victim with his painting career. So sorry, sweetie.

BALOO - You say you're sorry, but you still laughed . . .

I'm only human, dear.



For the first time ever in ANY of my games, my sims got invited to someone else's birthday party. And it was ANNA'S birthday party, which just made it a billion times more awesome. Baloo and Archie were working, but Nora, Bambi and Ariel attended. 

For some reason Elsa is still in her pajamas . . . I'm not really sure why. And the mysteries didn't stop there.



Inside we find . . . Bagheera . . . with a belly tumor? Why is . . . OH SNAP!

So, apparently, I still had my male pregnancy mod installed when he and Elsa tried for baby. She did NOT get preggers, but apparently he did! LAWL



ELSA - I'm so proud of you sweetie!

ARTHUR - Hey, am I seeing things or . . . is my nephew knocked up?


ARTHUR - No, he is! He really is! Let me be the first to hug this medical marvel! Don't you worry about a thing, Bags, I'll handle the interviews and the talk show circuit!

ELSA - Way to be supportive, jackass.

BAGHEERA - Nah, don't worry about it Elsa. It's Uncle Arthur. We all understand.



I was a little peeved when Westley (already an elder) came by and started insulting Anna. What the frack sir! You don't come to someone's birthday party and then make fun of them! Nora was just as scandalized.



But enough of that unpleasantness! I think I had Nora bake a cake so I could actually have Anna blow out some candles.



Yay! Even as an elder, Anna's still a cutie.



And then Westley earned back some brownie points with Anna (and me) by autonomously kissing her cheek. 

WESTLEY - I'm sorry, sweetie. I hadn't taken my meds yet, you know how I can get. Happy birthday.



Then I forced Arthur up to the cake. He and Anna are twinsies after all. 

ARTHUR - I'm not too sure about this . . . .

Everyone else is, so get to blowin.



ARTHUR - Still got it.

Lol, if you say so.



I sent my sims back home after that, but Bagheera followed us. I had to lol when he got the alien pregnancy animation while waiting for someone to let him inside.



Ariel is about to pop, herself. Baloo is beside himself with excitement.


He's also LITERALLY beside himself, as he's just finished painting his own portrait and managing to max his painting skill while he's at it. Good job!


Aaand then he immediately came down with a case of Tiger Stripes. XD



More importantly Ariel is coming down with a case of contractions in the bedroom.



While she napped off most of her labor Baloo completed HER portrait (the lighting in the room makes them look washed out but they're not really). I also <3 the zombie painting set that he finished.



Later that evening it was GO TIME!



Aaaand . . . you're shitting me. There were no fertility treatments. No carrots eaten. No alternative music listened to.

And yet we still.

Had.

Twin.

Boys.

*flips all of the tables*


I suppose it's just too much to ask for this family to have a singleton first child. Let alone a GIRL. Siiiigh.

Oh well. Introducing the newest members of the family, we have Charming and Cheshire Disney.



Charming is named for this fellow, Prince Charming of the Cinderella movie/franchise.



And Cheshire is named for this guy, the crazy cat-ghost-thing in Alice in Wonderland.



Next order of business was making some more room in the household, and luckily it was time for Bambi's YA birthday. He was more than happy to escape my clutches, locking in his final trait of Goofball and then hightailing it outta there.



The first part of the Entertainer career requires some guitar skill, so Ariel got started on that. She does most of her practicing in the art room, since it's decked out with Inspiring decor.



It's been too long now so I forget which one, but Archimedes just nabbed himself a promotion in his Athlete career.



As evidenced by this nifty treadmill. Spiffy.


Moar woohooz were had by our reigning couple.



Resulting in celebratory toilet confetti. And we all know what that means.



ARIEL - Baloo! BABY!

BALOO - I am so happy.

You don't really LOOK all that happy . . .

BALOO - That's because 5 seconds ago I was sound asleep.

Ah, gotcha.



ELSA - So, yeah, Bagheera had the baby! It's a beautiful little girl we named Arianna! She's just so precious.

ARIEL - Aw, I'm so happy for you guys! The twins are happy and healthy, they'll be growing up any day now. And I'm pregnant with the next, so we're hoping for a little girl of our own.

ELSA - Good luck!


ARIEL - 'Good luck' my foot . . . alright boys, time to get out of those bassinets and be gorgeous. Can't have auntie Elsa make mommy look bad.

Y'know Ariel, it's not really a competition . . . 

ARIEL - Pfff!

. . . okay, yes it is. It's totally a competition. C'mon CUTE KIDDOS!



Wish granted!

First up is Charming, doing his name proud by inheriting his mama's red hair and turquoise eyes as well as her more peachy skintone.

Charming rolled the Good trait and the Whiz Kid aspiration.



And DIVERSITY! Grandpa Archie approves as much as I do.

Twin Cheshire got his dad's brown hair and eyes, and a more pale-tan skintone. 

Cheshire rolled up the Mean trait and the Social Butterfly aspiration. Fun times.



CHESHIRE - I walk to the beat of a different drum, Grampa. 

ARCHIE - Oh?

CHESHIRE - Yep! I plan to be the most popular mean kid on the block!

ARCHIE - Aren't those two things . . . contradictory?

CHESHIRE - Not for long!

Well kid, I like your enthusiasm.



CHARMING - Check-mate, my good man. No-no, there's no shame in a game well fought. You were a worthy adversary. I look forward to our inevitable rematch.

Playing chess against yourself?

CHARMING - Just so.

You've seen it first here, folks. The most Interesting Kid in the World.



Well this generation's off to a . . . interesting start, to say the least. Join us next time where we find out of I can manage to get any FEMALE children in this save file . . . until then, happy simming!

10 comments:

  1. I was starting to wonder if you've given up on this family! Cute chapter, and cuter kids. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I haven't forgotten them. Thanks for the comment! :D

      Delete
  2. CHARMING HAS MY VOTE YUP I'M PICKING FAVORITES 😌!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheshire has my favorite vote! I have this feeling he will take after his name-sake very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, Cheshire appreciates the lurve. :) Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Awww love it! Ariel is gorgeous. And I'm biased - Cheshire is my favorite. Alice in Wonderland is the best ever. Can't wait to see the kids age up and I'll be sending some girly vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lawl, I thought that might catch your eye, I remember you mentioned Alice being your fav in my last Disney Alphabetacy. Thanks for the vibes, I think this family's gonna need 'em . . .

      Delete
  5. I /died/ at that clown paint picture! Also... pregnant Bagheera! Oh man, that was a twist I didn't see coming! Bwahahaha!

    I can't help but secretly hope that Cheshire ends up rolling the Insane trait at some point, mwahahaha. *cattish grin*

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no Bambi didn't get heir-ship but am still looking forward to reading

    ReplyDelete