Friday, February 20, 2015

A.1 - Party Hardy

Welcome back everybody, to the start of Gen A! Archimedes was the winner of our heir poll, so he'll be the one to carry the Disney Alphabetacy into Gen B! With the help of this lovely little lady, in fact. His girlfriend, Nora Bryant, makes herself a regular visitor in the days leading up to Archie's YA birthday


She likes to autonomously work out and chat with Archie. They're maxed friendship bar because of it, so yay.


Arthur's girlfriend Catherine shows up a lot too.


Unfortunately she's already YA so the most Arthur can get out of her visits is a game or two of chess.

ARTHUR - Lame.


As you can see, Archie and Nora have no such problems. Luckily Anna is zen with her violin atm, not caring about their PDA in her bedroom . . .


ARCHIE - I totes made out with my girlfriend! TEEHEE!

ARTHUR - I hate him so much right now.

I'd say that's a heaping helping of karma, buddy.


ANNA - Don't sweat it Arthur. It's our birthday today, you can mack out with your girl plenty, then.

ARTHUR - Except NO, because we're not the heirs so we're getting kicked out into the neighborhood with no SP.

Sheesh what a Negative Nancy. But Walt is cheerily baking the twins their cake in the background.


Anna goes first!


Tadaaaah! She becomes a young adult and officially rolls her final trait of Active.


Then Arthur!


With confetti, he also becomes a young adult and officially rolls his final trait of Bookworm. And off they go into the neighborhood!

A copy of Arthur and Anna have been uploaded to the Gallery if you're so inclined to download. :)


Now alone in the house, Walt finds himself a TV buddy and watches the cooking channel. He and Molly have begun to share cooking and repair duties.


. . . . Arthur? Seriously? You just left the house 2 hours ago. I can't miss you if you won't GO AWAY.

ARTHUR - It should have been me . . . 

-_-


When Archie gets home from school he lets his clingy brother in the house to catch up on old times (all three hours of it).

ARTHUR - Listen Archie . . . I'm sorry I was such a tool to you growing up. 

ARCHIE - Aw, don't worry about it man. I never held it against you.

WALT - My boys are so awesome! <-- #paternalpride


WALT - Thanks for wishing your brother well, Arthur. That was very big of you.

ARTHUR - Does that mean I can move back in--

WALT - Not a chance in hell. Now scoot.


Nora also stopped by that afternoon and Archimedes took the opportunity to give her a promise ring.

NORA - Promise ring, huh?

ARCHIE - Yep! It means that when we become young adults you agree to come live with me and marry me and have lots of my babies.

NORA - . . . Ok.


Celebratory nookie! . . . in the parents' bed because . . . yep.


WALT - Why is the stove acting like a flame thrower?!

I dunno but it scared the crap out of me, lol. Poor Walt had to fix it before he could finish making his toast and eggs.


WALT - I do believe I just completed my lifetime aspiration!

Yes you did!! <3 I think I gave him Renaissance Sim next, not that I plan on finishing it necessarily.


. . . seriously Arthur? GO AWAY.

ARTHUR - :c


Archimedes has still been working out pretty faithfully, waiting out the week he's got left in his teens.


And in that week, another momentous birthday occurred . . . it's time for our founder Walt to have his elder birthday!


WALT - I don't know about you Max, but I think I look guuuuud.

MAXIMUS - You're spot on as always, sir.


The counter was filthy and the fridge broke . . . this is Molly's special hell.


Walt was a little busy fixing the stereo at the time . . . seems like everything decides to break all at once around here . . . .


So NEW HOUSE! The Disneys had quite a decent nest-egg saved up at this point, so I went ahead and built them a new abode. I hate landscaping, so I was pretty proud at how the front came out.


The outdoor deck area, with Archie's workout equipment as well as a bar and grill.


The backyard pool, one of his favorite past-times.


A view of the great-room from the front doorway.


And a view from the opposite end, the kitchen. The glass doors open up to the deck outside.


A nook that houses the family computer. I missed a panel of the wall and didn't notice for quite a while, so be on the look out for more pics of it lol.


Walt and Molly's bedroom.


Their en-suite bathroom that, at the time of this picture, doesn't actually have a door to get into. I knocked out one of the sinks to make room later.


This is Archie (and Nora's) bedroom.


The guest bathroom.


And the nursery for future B Babies! I would discover that this layout wasn't quite big enough, but we'll get to that later.


Finally, an overhead shot to get an idea of the layout.


Archimedes' aspiration is Party Animal, and for the first milestone he needs to throw 3 parties that earn at least a silver medal. Saturday rolls around and he I decide to throw his first, a house party!

The first guest to arrive is Eliza Pancakes! I invited everybody he knew and surprisingly I think everybody actually showed up too.


I don't even know who this lady is. I think he met her at the gym?


Here's Nora, and another random townie. And waaaay in the back?


It's Arthur! I'd say it's good to see you again except you've literally been over 2-3 times a day EVERY day. -_-


But EEEE Anna! Unlike her brother she doesn't stalk the house. So I was quite excited to see her again.


The twins' first order of business was to rock out on the deck. Nora sort of joins in?


Mama Molly cooks some chicken for the party-goers, in a tracksuit because I interrupted her random treadmill run.


We hired a mixologist to tend the bar and LO! She actually does her job! It's a miracle.


The house party has a surprising amount of required flirtations. Luckily Nora was on hand to fulfill them.


Lots of socialization was had.


Then Walt had to leave for work. Lookin' dapper as ever though.


I got tired of Molly's tracksuit. Enjoying a nice glass of juice.


Half the guests migrated into the house too, though I didn't mind.


More party spam! Archie got a gold medal for his troubles, and then I kicked everybody out.


Nora came back by later that afternoon, so Archie showed of his growing muscles. Then they had fun in the pool. Again. It's seriously his favorite spot in the house.


Later that night, Walt proves he's still got it. Like a bawse.


The next day . . .

ARCHIE - Hey everybody, party at my place!


RANDOM TOWNIE - Ugh, again? Weren't we just here yesterday?

ELIZA - *turned into an elder overnight* It's an honor to be invited to legacy functions. Have some class. 

Another day, another party. Same guest list.


But this time it's a BIRTHDAY party! Archie wastes no time blowing out his candles.


And voila! Archimedes Disney becomes a young adult, officially rolling his final trait of Loner

ARCHIE - A party animal who wants to be alone?

Yah I know, weird combo.


Nora got her turn at the cake too.


She successfully transitions into a young adult as well. Very pretty!


MOLLY - Great! Now go make me some BABIES!

ARCHIE - Mom, I think you've had enough juice . . . .


The birthday party was a gold-medal success as well. We sent everyone home, then asked Nora to come back over. 

ARCHIE - So, you ready to move in?

NORA - Now or never, I guess.


Tadaaaaaah! A makeover does WONDERS for her, she's such a pretty sim. Now that she's part of the household, her stats are as follows;

Nora is a Good, Materialistic Bookworm sim who has aspirations of a Successful Lineage, giving her the Domestic bonus trait. I've decided she'll go into the Business - Investor career.


ARCHIE - Wow, I love the new look!

NORA - Really?

ARCHIE - Most definitely.


ARCHIE - In fact, why don't you go ahead and become my fiance before someone else tries to steal you away.

NORA - *gasp!*

Engagement spam!


These two are quite adorable together. I approve.


ARCHIE - This is the observatory. Come on in and check it out. There's a few things on you I wanna 'observe' in more detail.

NORA - Oh my . . . .


Meanwhile Molly's devoting most of her free time toward upgrading the plumbing. Exciting stuff.


Later that night . . . the kids decided they'd go ahead and give Generation B a college try.


But no toilet confetti. :(

ARCHIE - Thats okay babe! PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT!

That it does.


The next day Molly took a day off from work. Why?

Well, she'd managed to complete her lifetime aspiration of Nerd Brain! But that's not actually why she called out.


It's because it was her BIRTHDAY!


Molly joined Walt in elderhood. She doesn't look thrilled, but Walt seems to be tickled pink.


That's it for this chapter! The Founding Gen is now in their twilight years and Gen A has officially taken over! Join us next time for weddings, B-babies and more! Until then, happy simming!

5 comments:

  1. EEEE!!! Archie and Nora are TOTES ADORBS!! I highly approve <3 Loving this gen already...can't wait for bbs!!! But...as for Walt and Molly...I'm not ready for them to be elders :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Archie and Nora - Narchie - are QUITE the cuties. And they make some SUPER CUTE babies I can't wait to show them. :P Elder Walt and Molly were a bit of a shock to me too . . . but at least I'll be able to see their ghosts, unlike poor Chester and Whitley. <3 Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. loving the story i was hoping Archie would be heir yay for Archie.... im totally being a story stalker of your lol :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, well you stalk all you want. :) I'm glad you enjoy my special brand of crazies. Ty for commenting!

      Delete